Application Support & Guide
How to Use
Choose the category for viewing
- Screen configuration
How to use each Screen
- How to use the Play Screen
[ Play Screen ]
Open the menu screen.Tap to open the menu screen.
Play position barShows the song's play range, playing time, and play position.
Change the play position by moving the slider left or right.
Non Stop Mix play iconTap to toggle Non Stop Mix mode on/off.
Press and hold to open the Non Stop Mix menu and choose from three Mix Styles with different play ranges.
Cover art display areaTap the cover art of the song currently playing to switch to Link Gate.
Link Gate lets you easily make playlists of your favorite tunes.
▪See "Making a New Playlist from the Song Now Playing" for information on Link Gate.
Flick cover art left or right to see the previous or next track. Tap the selected cover art to play the displayed track.
Play control area
Display song list
- Making a New Playlist from the Song Now Playing
Use Link Gate to automatically generate a playlist of songs related to the ones in your current playlist.
[ Link Gate Screen ]
- Tap the cover art on the play screen to launch Link Gate. The menu screen will be displayed.
- Choose a category from the four displayed around the cover art to automatically generate a playlist.
- [ Artist ] will create a playlist of songs by the artist of the song now playing.
- [ Genre ] will create a playlist of songs in the genre of the song now playing.
- [ Tempo ] will create a playlist of songs at the tempo of the song now playing.
- [ Years ] will create a playlist of songs from around the same year of the song now playing.
- [ PLAY ALL MIX ] will create a playlist of all music on your device.
- How to use the Song list screen
[ Song list screen ]
Smart Shuffle buttonInstantly rearrange songs in the playlist in order of tempos and moods similar to the song now playing.
SortSort list by abc…/track number/bpm/year/itune's playlist number.
List areaSong titles and artists in the playlist now playing are displayed in playing order.
Tap to switch from song list to cover art display.The cover art button shows the cover art for the song now playing.
- How to use the Menu screen
[ Menu screen ]
You can variety of settings, when you tap [Songs], [Settings], [Web], [Help] at the menu screen.
- Tap the Non Stop Mix icon to turn on Non Stop Mix play.
- Open the "Songs" tab on the menu screen and choose a playlist from the listed categories.
- Choose a song or a category with a mark to show the play screen and start a Non Stop Mix.
[ Settings screen ]You can the setting screen open when you tap [Settings] at the menu screen, and you can set various settings.
- Setting the playback method.
Choose from three Mix Styles for Non Stop Mix.
- Selection of prohibit songs.
You can select songs to prohibit play on the MIXTRAX App.
- The app is more useful if you set it not to play voice memos, radio dramas, or other such tracks.
- "Songs" lets you select songs to use or not to use.
- "Artists" lets you set artists to use or not to use.
- "Albums" lets you select albums to use or not to use.
- "Genre" lets you select albums to use or not to use.
- The app is initially set to display all.
- Music analysis status
Display the status of the music analysis.
- [The total number of tracks]
Display the total number of tracks that are in your iPhone.
Icloud, Apple Music, and DRM-protected Songs, will not be displayed.
- [Unanalyzed songs counter]
Display songs number that have not yet been analyzed.
- [Analysis impossible number of songs]
Result of the analysis, Display the number of songs that can not be analyzed by the MIXTRAX.
- [Remaining analysis time]
Display the time required for the remaining analysis as % / XXhXXm.
- [The total number of tracks]
- Background image change of the play screen
You can select the keynote of the background of the play screen from the "white", or "black".
- Version info.
Display the Application version, and the "Software License Agreement".
[ Web screen ]The web screen open when you tap [Web] at the menu screen.
Start the Safari browser, to display the WEB page of the FAQ.
Start the YouTube app, and then play the MIXTRAX intro-movie on YouTube.
- MIXTRAX official site
Start the Safari browser, to display the "MIXTRAX official site".
HelpIt will display a simple help.
- Making a Non Stop Mix
To make a Non Stop Mix with the MIXTRAX App, first let the app analyze the music on your iPhone.
Use your iPhone to analyze songs.
Use your PC to analyze songs.
- Music analysis can also be carried out in PC software. Please use, for example, when you do not want to for a long time music analysis to iPhone.
- Download the MIXTRAX Software for PC. This software will scan your computer's music library and add the information to our database.
Visit the following website :
- You must be connected to the Internet as if you want to use MIXTRAX database or reflect the information that was analyzed by the iPhone to MIXTRAX DB also.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Q1. The MIXTRAX App does not output any sound.
- A1. If you cannot hear your music or experience other problems, try rebooting the app. Double-click the Home button to show recently used applications.
By swiping up the MIXTRAX App, you can shut down completely.
After closing the app, press the Home button to return to the Home screen and then relaunch the MIXTRAX App.
- Q2. What is the difference between the free version of the MIXTRAX App and the paid version?
- A2. The free version displays ads.
- Q3. Why doesn't the MIXTRAX App include all of the music on my iPhone?
I have 1234 songs on my iPhone, but MIXTRAX says: "Song analysis complete: 1198". What happened to the remaining 36 songs?
- A3. The MIXTRAX App, there are some excluded music that is protected by copyright as DRM. For large libraries, download the PC version of the MIXTRAX Software. This software will analyze the music library on your computer and add the song data to our database.
- Q4. Tapping the Smart Shuffle icon has no effect.
- A4. Smart Shuffle can only be used when Non Stop Mix playback is switched on.
- Q5. My songs start playing in the middle and won't play through to the end.
- A5. The MIXTRAX App will play your music in Standard style and Active style, which play just the exciting parts (hooks, etc.) based on song analysis data, and Simple style, which plays individual songs. If you wish to play a single song in its entirety, press and hold the Non Stop Mix icon during that song and switch to Simple.
- Q6. Can I change the songs on a playlist?
- A6. Changes and edits by the user are not supported on this App. In advance, make a playlist in iTunes and sync it with your iPhone, or make a playlist with the iPhone Music app. Then, immediately the playlist will be synchronized with the MIXTRAX.
- Q7. Song analysis has stopped or will not continue.
- If your available storage space of device is not enough, or depending on your usage of device, music analysis will not work fine.
- If you expect song analysis to take a long time, please connect your iPhone to a charger.
- Q8. About how long will song analysis take?
- A8. It takes from few seconds per song if the songs analysis data exists on the server. on the other hand it takes from 20 seconds to 1 minute per song if it does not exist on the server, depending on your network environment,device, OS, and the length of song.
Song analysis will be preferentially analysis of playlist you are playing.
- Q9. Some music I have transferred to my iPhone does not appear in the MIXTRAX App.
- A9. Files with unsupported types or with copyright protection cannot be played with the MIXTRAX App.
- Q10. Can I see a list of just the songs that have not yet been analyzed?
- A10. Green color title of the LIST are unanalyzed music.
- Q11. If I add music to my iPhone, will all of the song analysis data be downloaded again?
- A11. If the songs you have added are in our database, only the data for the newly added songs will be downloaded.
* In this version up for Ver3.0.0, previous music analysis data for the current Ver2.2.8 will be cleared. Please take care.
- Q12. Is content edited on the MIXTRAX Software for Win/Mac also reflected in the MIXTRAX App for iPhone?
- A12. No, content edited on the MIXTRAX Software for Win/Mac is not reflected in the iPhone App.
- Q13. What are the differences between MIXTRAX Software for Win/Mac computers and the MIXTRAX App for iPhone?
- A13. The MIXTRAX Software for Win/Mac is music management software with features that include song analysis for Non Stop Mix play and music transfer to supported devices. It also supports Non Stop Mix play on computers.
The MIXTRAX App for iPhone is a music app that plays Non Stop Mixes of the music stored on your iPhone. It also supports stand-alone use of the app and connection to select in-vehicle devices.
- Q14. Which in-vehicle devices can be connected to the MIXTRAX App?
- A14. Connection to Pioneer's Carrozzeria smartphone-link "App Unit" is supported.
Some MIXTRAX App features may not be available when connected to smartphone-link "App Unit".
- Q15. Sometimes the app get Abend during playback. Why?
Rarely, app get Abend in the following cases.
- If your available storage space of device is not enough
- If the music analysis is being carried out
- Under browsing or multiple booting state with other apps
- Ensure the free capacity of the storage device.
- Turn off the task of other apps with background.
- Q16. I could not post to SNS services, why ?
- A16. Separately, you need to install and activate each acount of SNS service on your device.
Some apps may not be able to work together music information.
If you want to post on Twitter from Navigation system itself,
You must MIXTRAX is allowed to "APP to allow the use of the account" in setting of Twitter. Select the Twitter from the "Settings" in the iOS, then you can confirm it.
iPod touch and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
iTunes is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
MIXTRAX is a trademark of the PIONEER CORPORATION.