Pioneer Smart Sync
- Pioneer does not collect information itself, but app usage information is collected for analytics purposes by a service offered by Yahoo! Inc. Pioneer can view such analytics information and share it with third parties.
- App will collect and hold your information to login or to use Amazon Voice services (Amazon Alexa). Such information will be directly transmitted to Amazon. In the other word, Pioneer can’t view, handle or process any of your information and Amazon will be the controller or processor.
I. What information is collected?
Yahoo! Inc. (“Yahoo!”) collects analytics information and device identifiers automatically from your device such as agent version, platform, SDK version, timestamp, API key (identifier for App), App version, iOS device identifier for advertising, iOS device identifier for Vendors, Android ID, BB Pin, Media Access Control (MAC) address, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), device model, manufacturer and OS version of the device, session start/stop time, IP address, device type, locale (specific location where a given language is spoken), time zone, network status (WiFi etc.), events, errors, page views, mobile carrier, language setting, geographic region, number of new App users per day, number of sessions per day, number and type of third-party apps launched, and the App version.
II. How is the collected information used?
- Provision of aggregated, non-identifiable usage information to Pioneer
The third-party analytics tool, called Flurry Analytics from Yahoo!, uses analytics data sent to Flurry’s servers from a Flurry software agent embedded in the App on your device. Information collected through Flurry Analytics is used by Yahoo! to provide Pioneer with aggregated, non-identifiable App usage information.
Pioneer receives aggregated, non-identifiable reports on usage from Flurry (“reports”). Pioneer uses those reports to track how the compatible Pioneer product, App and compatible third-party apps are used in order to
- improve Pioneer products and services;
- conduct research, analysis, studies, and new product and service development;
- report to third party application providers on the use of their apps via the Pioneer product.
In this regard, Pioneer is the controller for the processing of your information.
Flurry Analytics “hashes” iOS device identifiers, MAC address and IMEI, meaning it transforms the identifiers into a new value or key representing the original identifier, a Flurry ID. Flurry Analytics does not hash platform device identifiers such as the iOS Identifier for advertising, Android ID and the BB Pin. The information will not be retained in a form allowing direct identification.
If you do not wish for the information to be collected and used in this way, you may opt out by clicking here:
- Use of your information by Yahoo!
The information collected by Yahoo! can also be used to improve Yahoo!’s services, including the Flurry Analytics and Advertising services. Yahoo! may especially use the information to target the advertising you see on some of the other apps on your device.
If you do not wish for the information to be collected and used in this way you may opt out by clicking here:
III. With whom is the information shared and to what extent?
- Companies with Whom We Collaborate
In some instances, we may work with non-Pioneer companies to develop new products and services or improve our existing ones, and such collaboration may include the sharing of the App analytics data. This data will be aggregated and will not provide those companies with information that identifies you or your mobile device.
- (Potential) Legal Proceedings
We may share the information with others as required or permitted by law. If necessary, this may include sharing information with governmental entities or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary for compliance, to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Business Transition
In the event that Pioneer, or substantially all of Pioneer’s assets, is acquired, the information may be transferred to the acquiring company.
Pioneer will share the information with the following third parties:
IV. How do we protect the information?
We choose service providers (like Yahoo!) that we believe provide sufficient guarantees in respect of security. We demand the same security measures from the service providers as we impose on ourselves. We conclude a contract with every service provider and thereby stipulate the service provider’s duties to ensure data protection. Although we make every effort to protect your personal information and privacy, we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the information.
V. Transfer to third countries
VI. Other websites
The App enables you to view, visit, or use applications, websites, products, and services provided by third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data, contact details, or personally identifiable information, is governed by their privacy policies and practices. We recommend that you learn about the privacy practices of those third parties before providing them with any information.
VII. Information collected by using Amazon Alexa
IX. Childrens’ Privacy
We do not provide products and services to children, or knowingly collect or solicit information from children under the age of 13.
X. Right to be informed, to object or to correct
- If you are in the EU, you have the right to access a copy of your personal information, the right to request the deletion or updating of any inaccurate personal information and the right to object, in some cases (e.g. in case of direct marketing and profiling), to our processing of your personal information.
For data controlled by Pioneer, you can exercise these rights by contacting us at the below mentioned addresses:
PIONEER EUROPE NV
Data Protection Officer
Haven 1087 – Keetberglaan 1
B – 9120 Melsele, Belgium
Tel +32 (0)3 570 511
Fax +32 (0)3 570 895
Pioneer Electronics AsiaCentre Pte. Ltd.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
2 Jalan Kilang Barat, #07-01
For other regions please contact us using the 'Contact Us" information for your location provided via the following link:
- As to the use of your information for which Yahoo! is the controller, you can send a letter to the below mentioned address of Yahoo!
701 First Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94089
+1 (408) 349-5070
Effective Date: January 1, 2020